Dr. Fredericks received her Doctoral Degree in Developmental Psychology from Florida International University (FIU), a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Barry University, and a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from Florida Atlantic University (FAU). She completed her pre-master’s clinical training at Child Provider Specialists of Dan Marino Center, Miami Children’s Hospital, where she received an extensive experience in administering and interpreting the results of a wide range of psychological tests, assessing developmental delays and/or social and emotional challenges in children and adolescents. For her post-master’s internship, Dr. Fredericks worked at Child Anxiety and Phobia Program of Florida International University, where she was trained to provide evidence-based treatment to help children and adolescents with various anxiety and phobia related issues. In addition to her clinical work, she was involved in a NIMH funded clinical research aimed at evaluating the efficacy of child anxiety treatment approaches and mediators of successful treatment outcome. A specific focus of Dr. Fredericks’ research was on evaluating the efficacy of psychosocial treatment approaches to help children and adolescents not only to overcome anxiety and phobia issues but also reach maximal growth and potential in their academic performance, peer relationships, and family time.
In her private practice, Dr. Fredericks works with ethnically diverse clients who are struggling with a wide range of mental health issues, such as anxiety, relationship, and stress management issues. As a native Russian speaker, Dr. Fredericks provides her services in both Russian and English languages fully online only.
- Ph.D., Florida International University, Miami, Developmental Psychology Major
- M.S., Barry University, Miami Shores, Clinical Psychology Major
- B.A. (Summa cum laude), Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Psychology Major
Licensure and Certification
- Clinical Licensure, State of Florida – Psychotherapist
- Qualified Supervisor for RMHCIs
- Psychology Program Director and Professor, Keiser University (2020 – present)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Private Practice, FL (2012 – present)
- Adjunct Psychology Professor, Florida International University (2013 – present)
- Program Assistant and Academic Advisor, Counseling Psychology Master’s Program, Florida International University, Miami, FL (2008-2011)
- Clinical Assessor and Counselor, Child Anxiety and Phobia Program, Florida International University, Miami, FL (2008-2011)
Honors and Awards
- 2007: Best Graduate Student Paper awarded by Florida Academy of Science, St. Petersburg, FL
- 2002: Researcher of the Year awarded by Broward Psychology Association, Miami, FL
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA)
Dr. Fredericks’ academic and professional credentials have been verified by Psychology Today.
Irina Fredericks, Ph.D., LMHC, specializes in evidence-based assessment and mental counseling services for children, adolescents, and adults. She offers her services in both Russian and English languages. The services are provided fully ONLINE via a HIPAA-approved website. For more information or to contact Dr. Fredericks, please click here.